Texas Transition and Employment
Moving from school to adult life requires thoughtful planning. Where will you work? What will you want to continue learning after highs school? Where will you live? Will you want support to meet your goals?
You may have been thinking about this for a long time and already have some ideas about what you want for your life. Pathways is the Texas Transition & Employment Guide to a Successful Life After High School for Students with Disabilities.
You and your family can use this guide to:
- Understand transition planning in your IEP
- Plan for the transfer of legal rights at age 18
- Consider the many paths to college or certification programs, careers, independent living in the community, and adult health care
- Learn about financial support options available for adults with disabilities
- Identify skills and activities you can work on now to meet your goals for adult life, after graduation from high school
- Connect with services to support you in adulthood
Who can help?
The Transition & Employment Services Designee (TED) for your school can answer questions about transition planning.
More information about Transition in CFBISD can be found in the CBFISD Transition Information Packets.
The following websites can also provide helpful Transition planning resources:
For students in the Applied Academics Program, Vocational Experience Program, Functional Skills Workshop, and Moving on Up, learn more here